Insuring your parrot with ExoticDirect
For larger parrots like African Greys, Macaws, Cockatoos, Amazons and more, you can get:
- £5,000 or £2,500 of vet fee cover
- Death and theft cover
For smaller birds like Budgerigars, Cockatiels, Canaries, Lovebirds and more, you can get:
- £1,500 of vet fee cover
If you have a small bird collection, you can add them onto one policy, each with £1,500 of vet fee cover each. This policy is only available over the phone. Call 0345 982 5505 quoting Healthy Pets.
Why insure your bird with ExoticDirect?
No other exotic pet insurer offers all these benefits and reassurances in one policy
- Winners of the Feefo Platinum Trusted Service Award 2021
- Birds can be insured up to any age
- You won't pay extra for insuring older birds
- Insure up to three birds on one policy
- Direct Debit payment option available
- Over 20 years' experience insuring exotic pets
Why is parrot insurance important?
Should your bird become sick or injured parrot insurance can help cover those vet bills.
In 2019 ExoticDirect helped many parrot owners. Claims paid included:
- £2,850 for a Respiratory Infection in an African Grey parrot
- £2,432 for Polyuria in an African Grey parrot
- £2,406 for pneumonia in a Congo African Grey parrot
You may choose instead to save money into a separate bank account each month. However, life has a habit of getting in the way. And unexpected bills could mean you don't end up saving as much as you had hoped.
Insurance can cover those unexpected vet bills when they happen.
Read Pet Insurance Articles
Dog Insurance Guide
Find out more about what dog insurance policies cover with Healthy Pets Insurance.Read More
Cat Insurance Guide
Find out more about what cat insurance policies cover with Healthy Pets Insurance.Read More
Healthy Pets Receives Feefo Platinum Trusted Service Award 2021
Healthy Pets Insurance has won the Feefo Platinum Trusted Service award, an independent seal of excellence that recognises businesses for...Read More