- A cat will disappear for hours on end, often hidden within feet of you. They may be independent, but woe-betide the owner who turns up five hours late without having made feeding provision. Your cat will go find a snack, and likely leave the innards in the middle of your duvet.
- And consider getting a rescue cat. A new kitten is potentially everyone's nightmare of shredded clothes, curtains, two-day disappearances behind kitchen appliances!
If you're new to pet ownership, we've also go some handy pet care tips to keep them, and you, happy:
- Gradually start to introduce them to the cat carrier so that it becomes easier when you need to take them to the vets
- Get them used to being picked up, having their ears looked at and grooming
- Socialise slowly, get them used to other pets and children
- Establish a routine, reward good behaviour and ignore bad behaviour
Get a Cat Insurance Quote
Healthy Pets' friendly team can help you find the right policy for you and your cat. Call for a quote on 01730 268 592 or get a quote online.
Get a quote